The conference will provide the opportunity to discuss the potentials and limitations of current and possible future approaches to mountain forest management that are aimed at continously providing portfolios of ecosystem services not only under current, but particularly under future climatic and socio-economic conditions.
Themes of the conference are
- Potentials and limitations of current management approaches to provide multiple ecosystem services
- Climate change impacts on ecosystem service provisioning in mountain forests
- Disturbance regimes in mountain forests and implications for ecosystem services
- Alternative management strategies in mountain forests and consequences on ecosystem service provisioning
- Decision support tools for mountain forest management
- Governance approaches to secure multiple ecosystem service provisioning in the future